Monday, June 19, 2006

A Podcast Series For You

So I've only got one job to do while I'm alive. That's to tell people about Christ. I am not to convince, convert, or coerce anyone. Oh how I love a debate (often an argument), but I'm not convinced this is either helpful or godly. I also love to write and write... and read and read. There is so much printed information about the Word of God and all the proof of it's truthfulness. I love to read nearly as much of it as I can get my hands on... but even I can't stand to read it all. There simply isn't enough time in the day. So, how can I expect those who are not yet believers to invest the incredible amount of time it takes to become truly informed? I can't. Even though I know without a doubt, it is more than worth their time, the person who does not yet know this, simply doesn't know it.

John Mac Arthur has an audio series starting today called "The Sufficiency of Scripture". It's free to listen to, and even download. Today's Podcast "The Doctrine of Scripture" is great in that in 29 Minutes John shows evidence from several disciplines of science which is not subjective and clearly supports the Word of God. He shows how the Bible is and has always been predictive of future scientific revelations. It shows how (proven, non-theoretical) science and the Bible always agree. It also shows some subjective proof, and explains why subjective proof isn't the best because of it's subjective nature.

So you don't want to read endless papers, but you do want to know if there really is anything in the Bible that shows it's actually scientifically sound? This series is for you. Here's a couple of ways you can listen.

For download and OnePlace.com *free registration required

Podcast *allows you to download or listen to the daily broadcast. I use iTunes and keep the podcasts myself. You can listen with Windows Media player or Winamp or w/e.

For more information on John's ministry visit Grace To You.

No comments: