Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Game We've Seen Many Times Before

Why is it when we watch a team loose a championship so often it's obvious from the beginning of the game?

Last night it was clear from the beginning that Edmonton was not playing the game. It got laughable during a rare 5 on 3 Power-Play when they played catch with the puck instead of taking shots. This was to be repeated every time there was a Power Play in the game.

In a few moments the team really stepped up and played hard. The first two minutes of the 2nd Period saw Edmonton playing hard and really working together. Why could they do it for 2 minutes but not the rest of the period?

Predictably, near the end of the 3rd Period Edmonton came alive again and started to play. Of course it was too late. And a surprise break away by Carolina which allowed them to score a goal on an empty net sealed the game for their team.

Why am I talking about Hockey here in this block? Well, it's called 'On My Walk'. My walk is so often dotted by sprints and runs, but most of my life I've been lax. Thinking I would always have time to live to the fullest at some point in the future.

Truly my brethren, we have no promise of tomorrow on this world. The Bride must prepare herself for the Bridegroom for the wedding is upon us! The Church is soon to be raptured, it could be at any moment. There may be no more moments left in our 3rd period. We've won, because it's His victory, but how have we played? Are we going to meet reward? For me, I need to be at this "walk" as though my very life depended on it.

No comments: