We shall give the reader only one more illustration of our subject from the Old Testament. It occurs in the interesting history of Jehoshaphat (2 Chron. 18:31). "And it came to pass, when the captains of the chariots saw Jehoshaphat, that they said, It is the king of Israel. Therefore they compassed about him to fight: but Jehoshaphat cried out, and the Lord (Jehovah) helped him; and God (Elohim) moved them to depart from him."
This is deeply affecting. Jehoshaphat had put himself into an utterly false position. He had linked himself with the most ungodly of Israel's kings. He had even gone so far as to say to the wicked Ahab, "I am as though art, and my people as they people; and we will be with thee in the war." No marvel, therefore, if the Syrian captains mistook him for Ahab. It was only taking him at his word. But when brought down to the very lowest point--into the very shadow of death-- "he cried out"; and that cry went up to the gracious and ever-attentive ear of Jehovah, who had said, "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee." Precious grace!
But mark the lovely accuracy in the application of the divine titles--for this is our thesis. "He cried out, and Jehovah helped him;" and--what then? A mere human author would doubtless have put it thus: "Jehovah helped him, and moved them." But no; Jehovah had, as such, nothing to do with the uncircumcised Syrians. His eye was upon his dear, though erring, servant; His heart was toward him, and His everlasting arms around him. There was no link between Jehovah and the Syrians; but Elohim, whom they knew not, moved them away.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Monday, August 28, 2006
Answers In Genesis has an article on God & Natural Law posted today. Here's their intro;
The atheist cannot account for the laws of logic, even though he or she must accept that they exist in order to do any rational thinking. But according to the Bible, God is logical.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Here's a suggestion. Wash your hands, cook your food, and keep your cooking area and tools clean. For more on this I suggest reading Leviticus.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Let's take a look at a few facts and concepts that were revealed hundreds, and often thousands of years before they were "discovered" by "modern man".
To understand the following it's important to note, in many cases, God isn't making "statements of science" in His Word He is telling us information we need to know. The things He says about other things always line up with scientific fact. So when He's talking about a specific time, He mentions it's both day (time for work) and night (time for sleep) and the such.
1. Everything is made of things that we can't see - Heb 11:3 We now know things are made of atoms, and atoms of Electrons, Neutrons, and Positrons. And those are made of still smaller things.. none of which "appear" to our eyes. This is the weakest of the examples in this blog post. I place it here first because it weeds out those who are interested in truth and those who are looking for a reason no to see truth. That's right folks, how you respond to this tells me which group you are in.
2. The universe is expanding. Nine times in scripture God says He "stretches out" the heavens like a curtain. Example Ps 104:2
3. Long before scientists thought the Earth sat on the back of an animal God's Word proclaimed it floated in space. Job 26:7
4. The Earth is a sphere. Scientists "discovered" this 2400 years after God revealed it. Isaiah 40:22 Also, Luke 17:34-36 speaks of an event which happens in an instant but at night and during the day - at the same time. This can only be so if the Earth is round and one part is at night and the other day.
5. The Earth rotates on its axis. Scientists used to believe the Sun moved around the Earth to cause Night and Day. 4,000 years ago God's Word proclaimed this "Have You commanded the morning since your days and caused the day-spring (dawn) to know his place? ... It (the Earth) is turned as clay to the seal." Job 38:12-14 This is God describing how the Earth is rotated on it's axis instead of the Sun moving around it.
6. The Sun travels through space. Speaking of the Sun Ps 19:5-6 says it travels through space in a "circuit." Until recently it was thought the Sun was stationary. It is now known to travel through space in an orbit of sorts at a speed which is currently estimated to be 600,000 miles per hour.
7. First Law of Thermal Dynamics. No matter or energy can be created or destroyed. God's Word proclaims that Creation is "finished" There is no more creation happening today. Gen 2:1 It's the this Law which made the theory of energy and matter "spouts" or "wells" in space impossible.
8. Second Law of Thermal Dynamics. In all physical processes every ordered system over time tends to become more disordered. In three places the Word says the world is wearing out. Isaiah 51:6 Ps 102:25-26, Heb 1:11.
9. Light can be "sent" and manifest it's self in speech. In 1500 BC, long before Radio, fiber-optics, and flashlights Job 38:35 proclaimed light could be sent and speak. In 1864 James Clark was the first to suggest light and electricity are two forms of the same thing.
10. Stars sing. Stars emit radio waves that are received on Earth as high pitches. Job 38:7
11. Hydrological Cycle. Water flows from rivers into the sea, and evaporates and goes up to the clouds, and then comes down in rain... Ecc 1:7 "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." Ecc 11:3 it rains when the clouds are full. Amos 9:6 water evaporates from the seas to be rained down from clouds. Job 28:26 God made rules (a decree) for the rain - which weather men can sometimes figure out today. The Hydrological Cycle was not "discovered" until the 17th century, 2,000 years after the Bible declared it.
12. Global Air Currents. In Ecc 1:6 the wisest man who ever lived, Solomon, describes the winds of the Earth, how they travel in a circuit. 2,000 years later men discovered these and used them to travel about the seas.
13. Oceanic Currents. 2,800 years before Matthew Maury in the 1850's was inspired to go looking for them the Bible said their were currents in the seas. Ps 8:8
14. Mountains on the Ocean Floor. Of his time in the ocean Jonah said "I went down to the bottoms of the mountains." Jonah 2:6 It's only since we've been able to dive (by technology) to the depths of the ocean floor have we known there are mountains down there.
15. Women have ova. Until a few centuries ago it was "common knowledge" that women were "glorified incubators" for a man's sperm to bring forth a child. However, just as we now understand and know, God's word declares in Gen 3:15 that women have a "seed" of their own.
16. Life is in the blood. Until 120 years ago people who were sick were bled. Many died from blood loss. 3,000 years ago God said "for the life of the flesh is in the blood" Lev 17:11
17 Blood clotting reaches it's peak on the 8th day of life and then reduces. Scientists now understand that the coagulating factor, Prothrombin is at it's highest on the 8th day after birth. The Bible consistently instructed that a Jewish male child was to be circumcised on the 8th day.
18. Micro-Organisms Exist. In 1845 30% of women died after child birth. Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was appalled by this death rate and decided to do something about it. He discovered that doctors were not washing their hands after examining patients who had died, and then going on to aid women in giving birth. When doctors started washing their hands the death rate dropped to 2%. Lev 15:13 tells us to wash with running water after an encounter with disease. Running water, not the wash bowels that doctors used to use that held "standing" water which just collected disease.
During the "Black Death" of the 14th century patients who were sick, and those who had died were kept in the same rooms. This was blamed on "bad air" and "evil spirits" but really it was caused by micro-organisms. Lev 13 explains how to deal with the sick and the dead.
So there are a few of the things the Bible talks about which reveals how God understands science. And so He should, He made the universe. His goal in the above is not to make a scientific statement, but to reveal important information to us.
Hope you enjoyed the reading.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Think about it. Imagine the horrors Hell must have in store if the bible is true. You're just going to allow that to happen and not care about saving anyone but yourself? If you're right then you're an uncaring, unemotional and purely selfish (expletive) that has no right to talk about subjects such as love and caring.
How can the US work with Lebanon in light of these things? Wasn't Lebanon in fear of Hizbollah and un-able to control it? Wasn't that the story?
The really sad thing is this, people are moving back into Southern Lebanon. I expect soon this farce of a cease-fire will end and more people will get hurt and killed. What a shame the world doesn't learn.
Monday, August 14, 2006
Well so far in my dark valley which will be a year old in a few days now, it seems He's sought to humble me. A humbleness beyond what I thought I could endure. He's seemed to call me closer to Him, which considering how far I was walking from Him seems to only make sense. He's seemed to break me so I could be taught. I've learned so much in the last year. In fact I've been working on a document for new believers and I'm shocked by the sheer amount of new information I've learned in the last 12 months. He's sought to demonstrate my faith to others in the face of the seemingly impossible.
Where will He go from here? Wow I don't know. I believe I know what my "calling" is now. I believe I'm called to teach believers and evangelise the world. It's no small thing, and I surely could not do the first bit of it with pride.
If you're suffering now I do truly hope you will go to Him in prayer and hope and knowledge that what He starts He will complete. His purpose will be carried out. And, He works all things for the good of those who love Him.
Blessed be those who are suffering.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Did a bit of an update to the Blog page here. I added titles to the links over there, and got rid of a couple I never seem to use. Also changed the "Hell's Best Kept Secrete" to the video version on Google Video. This had such a big impact on my life I just want to share it with everyone.
I spent a large amount of time working on a short and wholly inadequate position piece this week. It's topic was the fact of there being two Gospels according to Jesus. That for the Kingdom Jews and that for Christians. As I see how it's received I intend to adapt it for posting here.
This week was an emotional roller coaster. It's so easy to get wrapped up in yourself isn't it?
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
It hurts for two reasons. Firstly, because they hate you and you can't change their mind. Secondly because you know they don't need to feel the way they do, but you can't help them with it.
*update: I was just reading II Timothy and came across II Tim 4:16 "At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge;" I pray this now for the woman who spoke with me a short while ago.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
I'll be using the examples I'm studying in the Biblical Evangelism course. The information presented here is consistant with all such contradictions.
Who did Jesus apear to first? Was it Mary Magdalene as it says in Mark or was it Peter as it says I Corinthians? The first person was Mary. The first man was Peter. In I Cor Paul was making a legal defense of the Resurrection and listed the testamony of men.
Here's the actual order of who He appeared to;
1. Mary Magdalene John 20:10–18
2. Mary and women Matthew 28:1–10
3. Peter 1 Corinthians 15:5
4. Two disciples Luke 24:13–35
5. Ten apostles Luke 24:36–49; John 20:19–23
6. Eleven apostles John 20:24–31
7. Seven apostles John 21
8. All apostles Matthew 28:16–20;Mark 16:14–18
9. 500 brethren 1 Corinthians 15:6
10. James 1 Corinthians 15:7
11. All apostles Acts 1:4–8
12. Paul Acts 9:1–9; 1 Corinthians 15:8
Ok next one.
What was written on the sign on the Cross?
Matt 27:37 says “This is Jesus the King of the Jews”
Mark 15:26 says “The King of the Jews”
Luke 23:38 says “This is the King of the Jews”
John 19:19 says “Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews”
So which is it? Here's what it said on the sign, "This is Jesus of Nazereth the King of the Jews"
The Bible is full of things to trap the proud as shown in Luke 10:21 and I Cor 1:27 giving them fodder enough to build their own gallows.
The account of the capture of Zedekiah is also of interest. Three times it is said that God would judge him and he would be brought to Babylon. Yet is also said in Ezekiel 12:13 that he would not see Babylon. Sounds like God made a mistake right? How can you be brought some place but never see it. If you're blind. The king of Babylon blinded him before he brought him to the city as recorded in Jer 39:6-7.
There are no real contradictions in the Word, but there are many things that the proud man can point to if he finds them to say there are. Hopefully you will study with faith as you read the Word of God and look for answers, not problems. This is not to say a Christian should gloss over any supposed problem. If there is something which leaves you wondering about the accuracy of the Word it's our duty to investigate it. We are always to have an answer for the hope that's in us. Made up, or wrong answers don't cut it.
Friday, August 04, 2006
Isn't it interesting when the "people's" source of science news doesn't operate in a scientific way?
The head line reads "Moon's Strange Bulge Finally Explained"
Let's define Explained.
Here's the language in the first paragraph.
"The Moon's peculiar shape can be explained if the satellite moved in an eccentric oval-shaped orbit 100 million years after its violent formation, when the satellite hadn't yet solidified, the researchers say."
So what they are saying is this - We've explained it! We know why the bulge is there. It's there IF this THEORY we are working with is true.
Do you see the error in the language and thinking here? You can not define truth (explained) using something that isn't truth.
OK lets go on. At the bottom of the article I clicked on the Top 10 Cool Moon Facts.
Definition of fact.
Here's the first one.
"The Moon was created when a rock the size of Mars slammed into Earth, shortly after the solar system began forming about 4.5 billion years ago, according to the leading theory. "
So the first cool fact is how it was theoretically formed 4.5 billion years ago....
Are you seeing a patern here?
Forgive me if I can't take this sort of "science" seriously, and less so the "scientists" who make such foolish conclusions.
The very middle of the Bible has some interesting characteristics.
Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the Bible.
Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in all the Bible.
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in allt he Bible.
There are 594 chapters in the Bible before Psalm 118
There are 594 chapter in the Bible after Psalm 118
If you add up the chapters before and after Psalm 118 you get 1188.
Psalm 118:8 is the verse at the exact center of the Bible.
It reads "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Right away, Evolutionists say it's proof for Evolutionary Theory, Creationists point to the fossil record and say "This is nothing new, and is completely consistent with the created Kinds that the Bible declares."
So many people claim that Creationists are flaky or will simply twist info into meaning what they want it to mean. While this is true of some people, on either side of the debate, it's not true of those whom I choose to side with. Here's proof.
Chickens With Teeth and a snippet.
All are agreed that these mutant chickens developed their teeth because
they carry the genetic information for ‘tooth-making’ originally present in
their ancestors, but which later became ‘switched off’.
Evolutionists interpret these observations as consistent with their belief that reptiles evolved into birds. Creationists interpret it as consistent with their
belief that the ancestral created kind from which the chicken is descended
contained the information to generate teeth. To support this, we point to
similar types of teeth in extinct birds.
This discovery has enabled a fascinating glimpse of the greater genetic potential of the original Genesis kinds.
"A miscarriage is a loss of life, it' s a death. For a
woman, she just doesn't feel it in her heart but her body too since she was
carrying the baby." So, why when a baby dies in the womb from unknown
causes or perhaps a health problem is it called a death, a loss of life. BUT,
when its an abortion it isn't. Have you ever known a woman who had a
miscarriage and said "Oh, well, it wasn't really a baby anyway"? I
Read the article for yourself at the Calgary Sun. Here's a snipet.
O’Donoghue, who was 18 weeks pregnant, suffered a miscarriage in April.
Since she wasn’t bleeding and considered a low priority the Calgary Health
Region sent her home and told her to come back in a week to 10 days.
“It was horrible, disrespectful, very cruel and psychologically damaging. A
baby is dead. I found it very upsetting I was considered a low priority because
I wasn’t bleeding,” O’Donoghue says.
If you're someone who still thinks abortion is reasonable and OK, that it is morally fine please visit Show The Truth.
What's your baby worth?
If you're not sure what kind of questions you should be asking those who claim Evolution to be true, and that the universe is billions of years old - here's a short list of good ones to start with.
Evidence for a young world. <- not that 6 - 10 thousand years is young.... Some more great booklets.