Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Right & Wrong

Is there such a thing as right or wrong? Or is it all perspective... I'm on a "conflict resolution" course this week and as far as I can discern so far the way of conflict resolution is to realize there is no right or wrong so we can all get along....

I truly do feel like "a stranger in a strange land" these days. I found myself wanting to vomit as I sat and listened to the words of people speaking... it's "wrong to limit people" but there is "no such thing as right and wrong, it's just how we perceive things"...

It got so bad I asked the class how many bottles of water I had on my desk.. they argued about what a bottle of water might be.......

I was in a room full of professionals. People who's pilot's lives depend on them obeying the exacting specifications and procedures that ensure that aircraft stay in the air... it's a good thing that these people don't actually believe what they preach because aircraft (which really do obey absolute truth) would be falling out of the sky constantly because of some technician deciding that his idea about aircraft maintenance is "right for him" and that no manual was going to "decide what is true for him."

No comments: