Monday, June 02, 2008

...with Gentleness and Respect

I've never been to the website before, but at a forum I frequent.. and in which I frequently argue against the bashing of so-called "false teachers" or "false prophets" I found a post that lead me to an incredible blog post entitled ...with Gentleness and Respect. It's a struggle to challenge the theology of someone while at the same time be respectful of them.. it's even tougher when you see extreme danger in the stuff they are selling.... err teaching. See what I mean? I try.. I really do try to be gentle and as respectful as I can be. My two pet topics, Lordship Salvation and the Crossless Gospel push me to the limit sometimes.. and if I were half as honest as I'd like to be I'd look over some of my posts and quote the times when I have found myself well past the limit.

The whole post is outstanding, but this one part is a point I try to make often... and one I should remember more often.

Contrary to what you may think, love, gentleness and respect do NOT compromise the Gospel. Instead, love, gentleness and respect are the fruits of the gospel in our lives and they only make our defense of the truth even stronger and more convincing. In fact, it doesn't matter if your theological precision is accurate to one one hundredth of a percent and all of your apologetic arguments are irrefutable. Attacking and demeaning and belittling are not actions that are in keeping with the gospel.

No comments: