Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Gal 1:6-9

Well I had to back out of fellowship at a forum for a ministry that has been a great blessing to me. The bitterness, backbiting and "false convert" hunting was getting to me in a big way, but the last straw broke today. A brother in the Lord whom I have loved dearly indicated that Paul's Gospel 1 Cor 15:1-11 was not enough for salvation.

It breaks my heart. And I mean that.

I'm left to follow the instructions of the Apostle Paul in this regard. I must separate though it hurts. The parent ministry has been a great blessing and we have conversations between our ministry and theirs often. Forums are not always indicative of a ministry, but my previous decision to distance myself from it seems to have been wise. I leave behind many friends, whom I truly do love. But I also leave behind the fighting and having to constantly defend the Faith there.

The Apostle Paul says the following in Gal 1:6-9

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 comments:

Kevl said...

To All Who Might Comment,

If you know which ministry or forum I am refering to please do not mention it, or imply it. Anything that implies or mentions it will be deleted. While I do believe the ministry leaves a dangerous open door to somethings I do not wish to "mark" that ministry. I do not feel that is called for in this case.

Thanks,
Kev

Lou Martuneac said...

Kev:

A difficult thing to deal with, but when faced with the choice of fidelity to the Word of God or to friends and fellowships, there is ONLY ONE choice.


LM