Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Oh Canada! You're 141 Today!



I was in Ottawa this weekend and wow what a time I had. I've got some more pictures coming but here are some to help celebrate Canada's Birthday, July 1st! While we were there on Sunday night there were some bands doing sound checks for the big show. This made for a bit of a challenge to talk with people but it also drew a crowd, so we were thankful for that much anyway. These pictures are of the capital building, with the Peace Tower and of the flame out front. One thing I absolutely love about Canada is that the people of the country are allowed to freely walk through their own capital building. We didn't have time to go inside this time, but I've walked through it a few times. The artwork inside is breathtaking. Hopefully one day I'll get the chance to share the Gospel inside that building. This weekend I got to share it many times on the street out front. :)



I'm the guy in the blue shirt with the black "Ottawa" hat. The floppy green hat I had on all day was great for the relentless sun we enjoyed, but the moment the sun went down I need to find something that wouldn't hurt my ego so much. :) At 5.99 it was a bargain!

No comments: