Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Walk - long over due update

Well as the title of this Blog implies it's really about where "I" am on my walk towards Christ. God is capital G - Good! He is faithful and true.

I'm sure many Christians can relate to the problem of sin calling to them. The constant tempter teasing your brain. Well, thanks be to God for His Grace, I have been set free of that which I could not conquer myself. A temptation that has hounded me, well for as long as I can remember. I have never experienced what it is like to be "delivered" from something before but I see a clean break all of the sudden.

I will share this much, because it applies to all issues - the break did not come of my efforts. It came from surrender and supplication. I read confirmation in Prov 18:23 today. He that is poor speaketh with supplications. Jesus says blessed are they who are poor in spirit in Mat 5:3 and Paul speaks of praying with supplications at all times. Interestingly enough, he even tells us, in Philippians 4:6-7 to be "careful" about nothing but instead to prayer and supplication - in other words be weak before the Lord and cast your cares on Him who is able to keep us from falling.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: