Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sometimes it hurts

Sometimes it hurts when you can't defend yourself. When someone thinks they have a valid reason to be upset with you. When you sympathize with them greatly. It doesn't matter that they are wrong. It doesn't matter that they don't know half of what they are talking about. They know all they think they need to make up their mind.

It hurts for two reasons. Firstly, because they hate you and you can't change their mind. Secondly because you know they don't need to feel the way they do, but you can't help them with it.

*update: I was just reading II Timothy and came across II Tim 4:16 "At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge;" I pray this now for the woman who spoke with me a short while ago.

No comments: