Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Response to '50 Reasons I Reject Evolution' Pt 4 of 5

Continued from Part 3


31.) Because I’m too stupid to realize that Social Darwinism has nothing to do with evolution and is actually a pseudo-scientific bastardization that real science largely rejects.


Logical Fallacy of Reification. Actually Social Darwinism is completely consistent with the Evolutionary Worldview. As is murder, theft…….. people rightly get upset when someone claiming to be a Christian is caught in some horrible sin because the person is a hypocrite. However, when someone who holds to the Evolutionary Worldview does these things they can not be said to be a hypocrite.


Here’s what Jeffrey Dahmer had to say on the subject.

‘If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing…’

Jeffrey Dahmer, in an interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.


32.) Because the planet and all the life on it was designed for humans… kinda like how the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY was designed specifically for the dust-bunnies that may accumulate on the floors.


“Dust-bunnies” can exist in a multitude of environments. Life has a comparatively very narrow range of environments which it can exist in. Dust-bunnies, minus the organically produced portions, could theoretically exist throughout the universe.


The author is referring to the Anthropic Principle. Check out item 93 on this page for more information on this principle. http://creation.com/astronomy-and-the-bible


33.) Because I don’t realize that if we actually found croco-ducks in the fossil record, it would falsify evolution.


At 33 reasons in I finally read something I’ve never heard before. I’m not sure why showing that there is gradual change from one life form to another would falsify a theory which says that life forms gradually change from one to another. I’m sure the author is being clever here, even if it is beyond my understanding. ;)


*I've updated this answer after finding some related, and revealing information.


34.) Because plenty of respect able people like Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee (who are not scientists) don’t accept evolution, and that somehow validates my opinion.


Logical Fallacy of Ad Hominem, not to mention hypocrisy; see reasons #1,2, 4 for examples of the author agreeing with Evolution because respected people say it is true.


35.) Because my mother didn’t know not to drink while she was pregnant. She also didn’t know not to repeatedly throw herself down a flight of stairs in an attempt to undo the accident of screwing someone who voted for Bush both times.


Logical Fallacy of Ad Hominem.


36.) Because I don’t know that “irreducible complexity” has been debunked a frazillion times by a frazillion different people and is no more credible an argument than “NEEN-er NEEN-er NEEN-er, I’m right and you’re wrong.”


I didn’t know that irreducible complexity had been “debunked.” I know it’s been it’s been sidestepped by those who are sure there’s an explanation for it that doesn’t involve God. http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-2-chapter-10-argument-irreducible-complexity


37.) Because I have never seen a duck evolve into a cat over night, despite the fact that such a thing would be contrary to all known scientific disciplines.


It’s true that a Duck evolving into a Cat, over night or over any amount of time, would violate all known scientific laws. This is just the same argument about time again. I remind the reader that it doesn’t matter how much time you give a broken toaster, it’s not going to make toast for you.


38.) Because I have no imagination, learning is too much effort, I don’t like proven facts, change scares me, and I think deoxyribonucleic acid is something I’m supposed to clean my bathroom floors with.


Using the full name of DNA might make someone sound intelligent, but to suppose that sounding intelligent makes an argument correct is to simply commit the fallacy of ad hominem again. I don’t have enough imagination to believe that absolutely nothing exploded, spewed out everything, which eventually evolved into me.


39.) Because evolution means that I absolutely MUST reject everything else I know, abandon all my beliefs, and start aping around my house like a ******* monkey. OOOh-ooohh-ooohohh -OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!


If the author is referring to giving up on the God of the Bible, then yes one would have to give up on Him. For if Evolution is true, then He is not. The two are not compatible, no matter how ignorant the author is of this fact. http://creation.com/10-dangers-of-theistic-evolution


40.) Because I haven’t put my cave on the market and moved into the 21st century yet. I’m waiting for the cave market to rebound from the recent financial meltdown.


What was true when people lived in caves (they still do in places like Afghanistan) is still true today. People simply have more sophisticated ways to quiet their conscience. Romans 1

No comments: