Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Response to '50 Reasons I Reject Evolution' Pt 5 of 5


Continued from Part 4

41.) Because I don’t know what an atavism is and if you told me, I still wouldn't believe it. Too weird.


Thank God for Google http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+atavism&btnG=Search&meta=


He is even to be praised for Bing

http://www.bing.com/search?q=define%3A+atavism&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n


It’d be convincing if only Evolution could explain the appearance of entirely new biological information.


42.) Because I don’t know that evolution explains methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and also provides the answer in preventing it from turning into a superbug and killing massive numbers of people.


The author substitutes the definition of Natural Selection for Evolution again here. Mutations that reduce information in life forms do not explain how new information is formed. http://creation.com/mutations-questions-and-answers


43.) Because I don’t know that evolution is routinely used in medicine to diagnose and treat certain illnesses such as genetic ailments, bacterial infections, and viral infections.


Still confusing Natural Selection with Evolution, and I’m reasonably sure that there is no medical procedure which uses evolution to treat illness or disease. People complain about wait times now, can you imagine if they had to wait for millions of years?


44.) Because I believe there is a strong comparison between designed inanimate objects such as buildings, paintings, and watches (which we know were pieced together from identifiable components by human beings) and living organisms (which reproduce with genetic variation under the effects of environmental attrition).


How do we recognize design? Is it some dubious survival mechanism to do so as the author suggests in reason #14? When we unearth a pyramid out of the ground we don’t for a moment consider that it was formed by natural processes. The only thing we know the natural processes have done to it is damage it.


Likewise, we don’t sit a first time user at a computer and tell them to type until they manage to design an operating system like Max OS X, or Windows 7, or perhaps even Linux.


When we look at the information required for life to “work” it is much more complex and interdependent than that in a pyramid or a operating system. Do you think the OS on your computer just happened?


The author makes an incomplete argument against design proving a Designer. For more information please visit; http://creation.com/design-features-questions-and-answers


The vast difference between the physical objects we all agree do not happen by random natural processes and life is that life is incomparably more complex. There is no known random natural process which could make a pyramid form in the desert, just like there is no known random natural process that could form a human using the information in an Ape-like creature.


45.) Because I see no significant similarities between humans and apes. *scratches my ********* then smells my fingers*


This is not a Creationist argument. Companies spend large sums of money on ensuring their brands are recognizable. Have you ever said, “That looks like a Ford” before? There’s a reason. Similarity in design shows that the Designer chose to have similarity in design. It does not show decent.


No right thinking person thinks that the 2008 Ford Focus evolved into the 2010 Ford Focus through natural processes. A team of people used intelligence and effort to design a new car which had similar design features. Even if we buried the cars in the ground for 4.5 million years it wouldn’t change that while they look somewhat similar one did not come from the other.


46.) Because I think I’m too special to have been crafted by any natural process and the entire planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe were created with me especially in mind.


Given that there are no natural processes known at the present which could possibly have “crafted” (logical fallacy of reification) me, I do consider myself too “special” to have been “crafted” by them. Biblical Creationists know that the planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe were created especially with God’s glory in mind. Psa 19


47.) Because I unquestioningly swallow the ignorant anti-science bullshit spewed directly from the fraudulent stupid ***** of people like Ken Ham, Ted Haggard, Fred Phelps, and Kent Hovind.


Logical Fallacy of Ad Hominem. Also hypocrisy, as the author is sarcastically suggesting that the readers should accept the Evolutionary Worldview though no scientific evidence is presented to support the theory.


48.) Because I’m a freethinker and freethinking really means ignoring anything that contradicts what I already believe.


Actually Biblical Creationist have repented.


49.) Because I don’t know what confirmation bias is.


I am rubber you are glue…. Logical Fallacy of Ad Hominem again, seasoned with obvious hypocrisy.


50.) Because despite the fact that in all my years of life, I have never seen any magic, I still believe magic is the answer to anything I don’t immediately comprehend.


Absolutely nothing exploded, spewed out everything, which eventually evolved into me! Simply magic!!


Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. Quod erat demonstrandum, I ******* win. Take that you EVILutionists!


~By Bobbie Jean Pentecost


Thank you for your demonstration Ms Pentecost. It has been most entertaining, if unconvincing.


Well that's it. I spent way too much time responding to this article because too many people are intimidated by such foolishness.

3 comments:

bobfromchicago said...

Kev,
Like I said: You're the man! for taking this on.
Thank you for your encouraging and positive take on the nastiness that was presented.
God Bless,
Bob

Kevl said...

You're very kind Bob, funny too.

CMI creation.com is a great organization. Cal Smith of CMI sits on the Board of Directors of my ministry, TCC.

Bless you!
Kev

Jan said...

Nice job, Kev.

JanH