Friday, March 31, 2006

That I Might Know Him

Philippians 3:7-14 seems to be clearer to me today. I've been working on my relationship with Him. I do not believe that a book written by a man (see yesterday's post) has changed my walk, however I do believe that I was led by the Spirit to read this book and through that I have been awakened to a need I did not know I had.

Like Paul (led by the Spirit) says in the above I do not begin to think I have "attained" anything or "arrived" in any way. In fact what I see most is my failure, and a lacking in my walk. I'm so excited by this, because over the last several days I have begun to see my need to be closer to Him in a real way, and it's started happening.

God has been revealing that my need is not protection, for He has already provided that, my inner most need that must be filled is a deep understanding of Him. True reverent fear of the Lord, true reliance that does not seek to control, intimate conversation, and the quietness of heart to listen.

I encourage everyone and all who might read this to get in your secret prayer place (where no one will see or hear you praying) and simply talk to God like He's the Father you always wanted/needed to have. Be honest about your hopes, dreams, failures, and everything else. Forget about asking Him for anything for change and just see where a simple conversation leads you. He knows what we each want and need. What He wants is a relationship with you.

No comments: