Sunday, December 25, 2005

An Electric Christmas

So I got back from the hospital about an hour and a half ago. I'm going to be taking it easy for a few days. Apparently you have to make sure all the power to a light fixture is turned off before you try to hook up a new chandelier set. Needless to say (but I will anyway) I received a pretty good shock and made my way to the floor. Thankfully I was conscious and my wife and I spoke for a few moments. When I tried to get up and was unable to we knew it was time to call the ambulance. In the very few minutes it took for the 9-1-1 operator to get help here my wife and I were able to pray it through. There's something very comforting and powerful about being able to praise God in a situation that's out of your control. Acknowledging that it's in His control is a calming thing to do and I encourage you all to do this in the face of all situations.

The medics came through our front door and after a quick ride in a commfy white van with Christmas like lights on top, I spent the day at the hospital getting tests done. They sent me home with the suggestion of hiring an electrician, and instructions to take it easy for a few days.

Thank God for people willing to work on Christmas to help others! Praise God for the calmness we had and for the protection we experienced. And also for the very probable healing, as I can walk around just fine now and was completely unable to do so earlier.

1 comment:

Zebra-badunkadunk said...

That is excelent that you are alright!

God is awesome. Especially when like well yeah You know.

Well I suppose that I am going to go.

Bye