Saturday, November 26, 2005

Instantly in Bliss or Woe

So I failed yesterday, because like the man full of pride that I can be (if I let my flesh rule). I did not pray but ran off thinking "I" knew enough instead of asking what "I AM" wanted me to say.

Two women knocked on my door. Jehova's Witnesses. They were out collecting souls in the afternoon. I had opportunity to speak with them for some time. Though I thought I was getting through to them at points they did have points which I could not defend against. Shame Shame I have not studied enough. Forgive me Lord and help my study to be fruitful, and when I am prepared, and you have prepared them please bring them back to my home.

They were denying the deity of Christ Jesus, they did not believe in the Trinity - or as it is called in the Word "The Godhead". I found I could not adequately defend this basic but mysterious principle of Christianity. Shame. I must study more.

Further they did not believe they had the assurance of Salvation. The finished work of Christ was not enough for their beliefs. This was easily defeated by directing them to read Hebrews where it is explained that our Eternal Lord does eternal work. They believed that salvation comes and goes. Since we are healed by His stripes I guess they think Christ Jesus is continuing to pay the price for our sins. Shame Shame!!! Jesus is ascended and is at the right hand of the Father!! Victory!! GLORY! Thank You Father!

Lastly they didn't believe that those who are Saved are with Jesus instantly after we die. They believed they had a "hope" of resurrection from death at some point, but no assurance of such. They believed their good works would some how be judged and resurrection would be based on that. THIS is what I wish to address here today.

What happens the instant we die? Well we are either brought in to the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ or we are separated from Him by a great chasm and are left in a state of torment.

Here are some scriptures you can read yourself, but we'll study the event of the "rich man" and Lazarus as detailed by Dr. Luke in a moment.

Philippians 1:23 if Paul were to die he would be instantly with Christ.

II Cor 5:9 While we are at home with the Body we are away from Home with the Lord, and vise-versa, there is no other place for a believer to be.

Luke 16:19-26 This one is the real kicker. You see the rich man is aware of his separation and of where Abraham and Lazarus are. He died and is instantly in Woe, while Abraham and Lazarus are in Bliss. It can't get clearer than this. The believer is instantly brought to Heaven (the Third Heaven as it actually is).

Brothers and Sisters, the resurrection of those sleeping in Christ is of their bodies not their spirits. Just as the thief on the cross beside Our Lord on Calvary was to be in Heaven that very day so will we who believe be with Our Redeemer on the day we die, or are raptured.

Make haste Our Lord we are eager to be with You! Lord we await the full harvest and thank You that you'll leave no one believer behind!

No comments: