Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Walking, Walking, on my Merry Way

So how about an update on my walk? The last month has been a time of incredible growth. Adversity has a tendency to do that to you I guess. I'm coming to rely completely on Christ. You know it's no work at all when you simply do it... but it sure is a lot of work when you want to do it but you just can't seem to let go. Thankfully, I'm spending much more time actually doing it than I am just wanting to. The Lord continues to wake me up early in the AM for my study time.

As you know I've been seeking after my 'calling'. We are to seek after the higher gifts (callings). I've always wanted to be a Pastor, however I'm hardly qualified or worthy. This week past it seemed confirmed that I was to be a Teacher in the Body of Christ. Two days ago someone made quite a case of why I should be a Pastor. It's not a decision that I have to make, as what will be will be, but it is something I need to pray about. A Pastor does teach, but he does so much more. I have a few friends who are Pastors and they love their work. They are lovers of God and they get to spend all their time doing His work.

So the question remains how do you find out what your calling actually is? I'm sure (beyond doubt) that Teaching is in my future but is that all?

So here I am on my walk, as of today I'm believing in and trusting Christ. I'm seeking after the Father's face. I'm resting in His provision. I'm praying to be of service. I'm praying for the growth of my brothers and for revelation to the lost. Where are you on your walk today?

No comments: