Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Desire Mercy Not Sacrifice

*note I've updated this with an other post to complete the "teaching" http://onmywalk.blogspot.com/2005/10/mercy-explained-further.html

So I thought I was just going out for lunch.... :)

God had a plan today! Doesn't He always? I'm listening to the radio (CJLU Christ Jesus Loves You - FM in Halifax www.cjlufm.com) and trying to decide what I'm going to do.. I've just finished a McDonald's burger and fries.. which is way out of my normal diet. I had planned on going to a coffee shop but it just didn't seem like the thing to do. So off I go to Chapters. That's when I heard a preacher on the radio bring up Hosea 6:6 "I desire mercy more than sacrifice.." This is the very same verse Cory and I had been talking about a week ago.

Rewind to last night's bedtime prayers. I was praying in the Spirit (not in tongues, just letting myself be led to pray what God wanted me to pray). I found myself praying for many of mine and the Lord's enemies throughout the world! I even told God how I find it hard to understand why I'm to pray for these people, but that it's just more proof of his incredible mercy and love.

Today as I heard Hosea 6:6 the Spirit gripped me and held my mind and heart still so I could hear. I found myself getting out of my car and walking into Chapters - albeit completely "out of it". The Spirit was talking to me. I could feel the stillness in me. People all around, not noticing my presence, and me in the grips of learning.

It was told to me that my own Sanctification is the work of the Spirit, not me. I am to do the things my Father has told me to do. I am to show mercy and love. I'm to forgive as I have been forgiven. I still have this sense of stillness about me as I write this post. It's almost (but not quite) like my body is heavy, and disconnected from the immediate world.

I'm SO not into any kind of "feeling" ministry. I believe God wants faith in Him not in some feeling you get because you're emotionally worked up.

So I forgive all these people. There are so many people who have "wronged" me in my life. I realize that God forgave me before I ever wronged Him the first time, and kept that forgiveness in His heart all the time I did wrong Him. He has loved me since before the world was formed. This is how I must forgive, not because of anything a person may say or do, but simply because my Holy Father has told me to do so.

If you're like me and you feel reasonably confident in your own mental prowess you may also experience God telling you the same thing over and over again.. only to find yourself shocked when you finally "get it".

Here's a couple other supporting verses;

Hosea 12:6 Matthew 9:13

No comments: