Thursday, February 23, 2006

Trust Beyond Understanding.

Two days ago I was walking around my house with my chubby cat Ashley in over my shoulder. We do this fairly often, she stays up until she sees something that she wants and then she's off to have her own fun. This time she saw a window sill and turned around in my arms trying to get onto it. Now this window was covered by heat-shrinkable plastic (to keep the place warm) as it's leaks. When she went to get onto the sill she hit her nose on the plastic (not sure why her whiskers didn't "detect" it first). What was really interesting is she never took her eyes off her goal, but she started moving her head in a way to avoid hitting the unseen plastic.

She felt the effects of something unseen and didn't question it, she just went with the flow. Now we are commanded to test all spirits so don't just submit to any "unseen force".. that wouldn't be cool would it?

So where have I put feet to this? Well this week God made the seemingly impossible, possible. We took possession of a 2006 Nissan X-Trail yesterday. We've wanted this vehicle for a year, and in my own strength and negotiating skills it just wasn't going to happen. After a year of not being able to come even close to the payment we needed, God did it in 15mins when after He prompted me to go to the dealership. Now right now doesn't seem like a great time to get a new car. If I were going on my own understanding it just wouldn't seem wise. However He's at the wheel of my life now and I'm going with the flow. We are just trusting Him.

No comments: