Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Opposites

As I was praying this morning, a thought came in to mind. There is only one eventuality. Eventually, this walk will be over and we'll all be where we are now going. Be that unto blessing or not.

Then the thought grew and I had a small laugh. I'm doing a "Leadership Course" right now and one of the things it teaches leaders to do is to "plan for all possible eventualities". Now I think it's funny that the infinite mind of God is focused on one eventuality, and the finite mind of man is often focused on trying to plan for all seemingly possible ones.

Just now, I was reminded of Matt 5:48 "You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Maybe I should be thinking of that one eventuality which is sure in Christ, and not all the others, which are not sure.

No comments: