Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Considerations

What is important enough to write? What is important enough to read?

I've completely changed what I take the time to listen to in my study time. I used to listen to a couple of lightweight podcasts - one I mostly agree with, the other I often (but not always) disagree with. I thought their was wisdom in this... I thought I was being so noble to give time to these studies. However, the truth is my time is so very compressed right now that anything I give time to must be highly valuable.

So for the last two weeks I've been listening to some deeper doctrine based teaching. Verse by verse stuff that goes from cover to cover in the Bible. It is amazing to me that NOW I couldn't imagine taking the time to listen to the podcasts I had previously been enjoying.

I'm trying to figure out how to get back into the swing of writing here. There are valuable things to write about, but there are also other things that though they may seem valuable are more about entertainment than building up.

No comments: