Monday, June 08, 2009

A unique and solemn experience

Saturday I headed off to London Ontario to be with my best friend and ministry partner Cory. He and his wife have suffered the loss of their newborn son Judah Elias. Without getting into a lot of detail this is the second child they have lost just after birth. If you're reading this and you're a Christian you're called to pray for this family. Particularly for the mother.

The family have been being a unified and strong witness to the truth of the hope we have in Christ throughout these very tough days. Part of this witness was that they wanted a strong, clear presentation of the Gospel at the funeral service. Cory asked me to do this for him.

It's the first time in a very long time that I've been nervous in front of a group of people. I've just sort of put it together that I was nervous because most of the people I was speaking in front of actually were saved Christians who have as high, or maybe even higher view of Scripture than I do.

I think this is the first time I've been asked to speak to such a group and I must confess it's a bit intimidating. Thankfully things went well and I the Lord was in it.

Please continue to pray for these dear people.

No comments: